Breakfast at Buttermilk Lodge
Breakfast is served from 8 to 10am in our bright and airy breakfast room. Each breakfast is freshly cooked to order using local ingredients, and as you can see from the breakfast menu below, your choices are extensive.
We’re more than happy to serve early breakfasts, if arranged the evening before—and we can also offer a Light Option brought to your room.
Vegetarian, Gluten Free and Dairy Free Diets are all catered for.
Look around the breakfast room and you’ll see the collection of cow gifts from friends and previous guests—at last count there were over 100 cows! Look out the window and you’ll see a host of birds breakfasting at their table while you enjoy yours.
Our Breakfast Menu
Buffet Items (please, help yourself)
- Orange, Cranberry & Apple Juice, Buttermilk, Milk, Water
- Selection of Cereals
- Natural & Fruit Yoghurts
- Cold Meats & Cheese Selection
- Grapefruit Segments & Prunes
- Selection of Freshly Baked Pastries
- Homemade Breads & Preserves
- Fresh Fruit Bowl
- Tea or Coffee, Decaffeinated Tea or Coffee, Hot Chocolate.
- Herbal Teas: Camomile, Peppermint, Rosehip, Mixed Fruit, Fennel, Lemon, Green, Darjeeling and Earl Grey
Served with White & Wholemeal Toast
Freshly-Cooked Breakfast (choose from the following)
- (Oatmeal) Milky Porridge served with Cream & Honey
- Eggs (Fried, Scrambled or Poached)
- Bacon, Sausages, Tomato, Mushrooms,and Black & White Pudding.
Connemara Oak Smoked Salmon
- Fresh Lemon and Capers or Scrambled Eggs
Served with Maple Syrup and
Fresh Fruit or Bacon or Vanilla Ice-cream
Cooked as you like served with toast dippers.
Served on Toast
- (see the special board for details)