Welcome to Buttermilk Lodge
Buttermilk Lodge is a warm and friendly home away from home. Purpose-built for modern comfort on a quiet and sheltered hillside, we’re just a 400 metre (5 minute) walk to Clifden Town, the capital of Connemara. You can park your car in our paved car park and walk to town. There is private safe parking for motorbikes and bicycles to the rear of the house.
Clifden has numerous pubs, (there’s live music many nights in winter time and nightly from 6.30pm in summer time !) excellent restaurants, cafes, shops, galleries and other attractions. Connemara, with its mountains, beaches and spectacular coastline, is an area of outstanding beauty that draws people to return again and again.
The Wild Atlantic Way is Ireland’s first long-distance touring route, stretching along the Atlantic coast from Donegal to West Cork. Buttermilk Lodge is set on this wonderful route. A perfect base for touring Connemara and its many hidden gems.
Buttermilk Lodge is registered with Fáilte Ireland as a 3-Star Guesthouse (similar in standards to a 3 Star Hotel). We have been listed in several guides (see our Guest Comments) and have received numerous awards.
Our guesthouse offers:
- All the comforts of home: Hotel Standards at B&B prices!
- A smoke-free home
- Excellent freshly cooked breakfasts ( an extensive menu) and home baking
- Complimentary tea, coffee and homemade cake on arrival
- A computer for guests’ use with high speed internet access and printer
- WiFi broadband internet throughout the house
- Multi-channel TVs
- Ample parking and just a 5 minute walk to town
- Guest lounge with real turf fire, accessible to guests at all times, with complimentary tea & coffee facilities, original art, books, games, etc.
- Early breakfasts, packed lunches and laundry service all available
- Open February 19, 2016 to December 3, 2016 & December 27, 2016 to January 1, 2017.
- Reasonable rates with special offers for 2 nights or more when you book directly with us.
Make Buttermilk Lodge your base while visiting Clifden or exploring Connemara. You’ll know you’ve found us when you see the old milk churns on the pillars!