See & Do in Connemara
In Connemara there’s lots to do! There are numerous sandy beaches, golfing at Connemara Golf Links, Ballyconneely, Fishing in the famous lakes and rivers, spectacular hill walking in the mountains, cycling, bird watching, scuba diving, sea-cruises, heritage tours, garden tours, deep sea fishing from Clifden, Cleggan, Derryinver, or Roundstone. Pony trekking at Ballyconneely, Cleggan, Errislannan or Renvyle.
Being surrounded on three sides by the Atlantic Ocean, the shoreline of Connemara embraces some of the most beautiful clean, unpolluted beaches, both sand and coral, quiet undiscovered walkways, craggy rocks and challenging cliffs. One of its most notable features is the abundance of off-shore islands, many now uninhabited, but some are accessible daily for trips. They provide a safe haven for many forms of wildlife, puffins, seals and migratory birds.
Connemara is a place to unwind, de-stress, relax, and breathe in the fresh, clean air.
We have compiled a collection of walks & cycle routes in the area in our new walking / cycling guide, there is a copy in each bedroom, we also have numerous other guides and maps for you to use during your stay.
Our Packed Lunches are most popular and will be ready for you at breakfast time once ordered the previous evening. Your outdoor gear, boots etc. can be dried for you in our drying room.
Below are links to just some of the many activities which may be of interest to you.
(Click on the title to visit the website)
- All Things Connemara - lots of info. & bike hire & booking agents !
- Bike Electric Connemara - if you require ebikes please book in advance !
- Clifden Bikes if you require ebikes please book in advance !
- Connemara National Park
- Connemara Golf Links
- Connemara Hikes - Noel Joyce, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walk Connemara - Paul Phelan, Email: email@example.com
- Kylemore Abbey
- Green Marble Cycle Tours
- Real Adventures
- Station House Museum
- O'Dalaigh Jewellers / Celtic Impressions
- Connemara Smokehouse
- Killary Cruises
- Killary Sheep Farm
- Dan O Hara - Connemara Heritage Centre
- Ocean’s Alive
- Omey Island
- Inishbofin Island
- Aran Islands
- Scuba Dive West
- K2 Activity Centre
- Delphi Mountain Resort
- Horse Riding at two local centres : (we advise you to prebook!)
- The Point , Ballyconneely
- Diamonds of Renvyle