Welcome to Buttermilk Lodge
Buttermilk Lodge is a warm, friendly home, purpose built for modern comfort on a quiet and sheltered hillside, we’re just a 400 metre (5 minute) walk to Clifden Town, the capital of Connemara. There is private parking in our paved car park and safe parking for motorbikes and bicycles to the rear of the house.
Buttermilk Lodge is a Fáilte Ireland registered 3-Star Guesthouse (similar in standards to a 3 Star Hotel). We have been listed in several guides (see our Guest Comments) and have received numerous awards.
Our guesthouse offers:
- All the comforts of home: Hotel Standards at B&B prices!
- A smoke-free home
- Excellent freshly cooked breakfasts from an extensive menu and home baking
- Complimentary tea, coffee and homemade cake on arrival
- A computer for guests’ use with high speed internet access and printer
- WiFi throughout the house
- Multi-channel flatscreen TVs
- Ample parking and just a 5 minute walk to town
- Guest lounge with real turf fire, accessible to guests at all times, with complimentary tea & coffee facilities, original art, books, games, etc.
- Early breakfasts, packed lunches and laundry service all available
- 2019 : Open March 1 to October 28 incl.
- Reasonable rates with special offers for 3 nights or more when you book directly with us.
Call +353 (0)95 21951 or email email@example.com, or use our online booking form to book your stay today.
Clifden has numerous pubs, (there’s live music many nights in winter time and nightly from 6.30pm in summer time!) excellent restaurants, cafes, shops, galleries and other attractions. Connemara, with its mountains, beaches and spectacular coastline, is an area of outstanding beauty that draws people to return again and again.
The Wild Atlantic Way is Ireland’s first long-distance touring route, stretching a long the Atlantic coast from Donegal to West Cork. Buttermilk Lodge is set on this wonderful route. A perfect base for touring Connemara and its many hidden gems.
Make Buttermilk Lodge your base while visiting Clifden or exploring Connemara. You’ll know you’ve found us when you see the old milk cans on the pillars!