Welcome to Buttermilk Lodge
Buttermilk Lodge is a warm, friendly home, purpose built for modern comfort on a quiet and sheltered hillside, we’re just a 400 metre (5 minute) walk to Clifden Town, the capital of Connemara.
Buttermilk Lodge is a Fáilte Ireland registered 3-Star Guesthouse (similar in standards to a 3 Star Hotel). We have been listed in several guides (see our Guest Comments) and have received numerous awards.
Our guesthouse offers:
- All the comforts of home: Hotel Standards at B&B prices!
- A smoke-free home
- Excellent freshly cooked breakfasts from an extensive menu and home baking
- Complimentary tea, coffee and homemade cake on arrival
- A computer for guests’ use with printer
- WiFi throughout the house
- Multi-channel flatscreen TVs
- Ample private parking and just a 5 minute walk to town, with safe parking for motorbikes and bicycles to the rear of the house.
- Guest lounge with real turf fire, with comp. tea & coffee facilities, original art, books, games, & sample menus from all the local bars & restaurants.
- We always have up to date information on the live music etc. around town.
- Early breakfasts, packed lunches and laundry service all available
- Open March to October inclusive.
- Reasonable rates – Best rates guaranteed when you book directly with us !
Clifden has numerous pubs, (live music many nights in winter time and nightly from 6.30pm in summer time!) excellent restaurants, cafes, shops, galleries and other attractions. Connemara, with its mountains, beaches and spectacular coastline, is an area of outstanding beauty that draws people to return again and again.
The Wild Atlantic Way is Ireland’s first long-distance touring route, stretching a long the Atlantic coast from Donegal to West Cork. Buttermilk Lodge is set on this wonderful route. A perfect base for touring Connemara and its many hidden gems.
Make Buttermilk Lodge your base while visiting Clifden or exploring Connemara. You’ll know you’ve found us when you see the old milk cans on the pillars!